Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Confessions of a Teenage Girl: View from the Outside



Sometimes I feel like an outsider, an unwelcome one.
   I stand in the corners shadowed by their darkness, trying to be inconspicuous, hoping that no one notices the figure lurking, gazing at them and their never ending psychotic fantasies. Being a loner isn't a bad thing, it gives me the opportunity to observe others and reflect on things. As I stand in my designated corner some of what I see makes me smile but I mostly feel sorrow. Is this what we've all come to be? To represent? Shallow, narcissistic, unconscious beings striving to be accepted by a society that is not designed for them to live prosperously in? Its having a detrimental effect on the youth and only a few seem to notice or care. It's hard to imagine what life will be like when I'm thirty, what tragedies I'll face or be subjected to but its even harder to imagine what life will be like next week.
    Wishing and wanting things to change and be different isn't enough anymore, action and solutions are much need so I slowly gather myself and take steps out of the light and into the darkness but I'm terrified, will I become like them? Be infected with the same bizarre psychosis that makes them believe all is really right in the world, things are only coincidental, that we're safe and sound? I wonder how we ended up here, when the turn was made that lead us all down this self-destructive path headed towards a black hole, an abyss of despair and anguish. With each waking moment we wander further and further down becoming lost, forgetting what we once were, until there's nothing left, until were all a mass of lost souls, faces in a crowd, bodies in the wind, desperately attempting to grasp what no longer is, what we no longer are. Then the realization kicks in, its too late.

               Sincerely, Outsider

No comments:

Post a Comment