Thursday, August 20, 2015

Confessions of a Teenage Girl: Dear World



   I have facial hair, it's not a lot nor is it thick, but if you stand close enough it's visible. I don't know when it sprung to life but I do know I've had it long enough. It's daunting some days, seeing beautiful girls hairless and not ever worrying about who's judging them for the peach fuss that rests so carelessly upon their lip. I've been picked on, I've been judged, my sex and sexuality have both been questioned numerous times in my precious youth, I've even turned on myself quite a bit.
    Am I a freak? Why is this happening to me? Why can't I be like other girls?
Does this mean I'm not a real woman? Will anyone ever like me?
Being a teenage girl in today's society is hard enough, hell being anyone in today's society is hard enough, dealing with all the judgemental assholes in the world, is hard enough, so you giving me your unwanted two sense sure as hell isn't helping. Having facial hair as a woman does not by any means make me any less of a woman. It does not play a role in my femininity and does not affect my sexuality.
     The thought of getting rid of it was once appealing, but if I do that now I'll be hiding it for the rest of my life, and I might be too lazy for that.
Most people notice it and some people don't, but after 18 years of being judged, denied, daunted, teased, ashamed and confused I stand tall at  the top of the world ( my bed will do for now) and I say: If my appearance bothers you or you take offense to the way I am, if you can't handle me in all my weird and hairy glory, then you my friend...can go fuck yourself.
I'd drop the mic, but it may break from up here on top of the world.

                   Sincerely, A Hairy Teenage Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment